Fluffy, lemon-scented gluten free baked donuts dipped in pretty pink raspberry glaze and sprinkles make for the perfect mini treat!It’s time for a sweet tea time treat, everyone’s favourite cute little bun – the donut! And these donuts are in celebration of another cute little bun – Chez Catey Lou‘s little girl! A whole group of bloggers are getting together to shower Cate with love, blessings, and donuts! Check out the wonderful donut recipes below. I can’t wait to try them all out!
There’s nothing more uplifting than a tiny little baked treat sparkling with sprinkles in shiny pastel hues. These little beauties are perfect for whatever you’re celebrating – a new baby? You need donuts! A new job? You need donuts! You got through a whole week of work? You need donuts!My soft fluffy baked lemon donuts with a sweet raspberry glaze are the best simple way of filling your donut requirements. They taste like your favourite lemon quick bread and the raspberry glaze is the perfect finishing touch. I love the pairing of raspberry and lemon, it just sings of celebration to me – and pretty pink raspberry glaze studded with pretty sprinkles brings the party to this little baked treat!I love baked donuts – the flavour combinations are endless, and the clean-up is so much easier than their fried big sisters. In some universe my brain believes they are almost healthy because, ya know, they’re baked not fried. And baked donuts are so easy to whip up for company – or make them with your kids! Get a little messy with dunking them in the glaze and decorating them with your favourite sprinkles.
Let’s all get together and celebrate Cate’s little girl with a sweet little treat!
Lemon Donuts with Raspberry Glaze
Gluten Free | Makes 12 mini donuts
- 45 grams sorghum flour
- 45 grams white rice flour
- 40 grams brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the glaze
- 1/3 cup frozen (or fresh) raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Sprinkles, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F) and grease a 12-hole mini donut pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the sorghum flour, white rice flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, and caster sugar.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together lemon zest and juice, milk, yoghurt, egg, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon batter into a large ziplock bag and snip the end off. Pipe batter into the mini donut pan holes. Make sure you only fill the holes 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full so that they don’t overflow and lose their cute little donut holes.
- Bake the donuts in the pre-heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until they spring back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze process the raspberries in a small food processor. Strain through a fine sieve and save the liquid. Discard the seeds. Whisk in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Dunk the donuts into the glaze, then shower with sprinkles.
- Donuts are best on the day they are made, but can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container overnight.
Baked Dark Chocolate Strawberry Donuts – Club Narwhal
Baked Lemon Donuts – What Jessica Baked Next
Biscoff Donuts – Baking a Moment
Chai Donuts – Fresh April FloursChocolate Cake S’mores Donuts – Jessica in the Kitchen
Chocolate Pretzel Donuts – The Emotional Baker
Coconut Matcha Donuts with White Chocolate Glaze – Blahnik Baker
Coffee and Donuts Breakfast Bake – The Cookie Rookie
Doughnut Tiramisu – bethcakes
GF Lemon Donuts with Raspberry Glaze – Thoroughly Nourished Life
Maple Glazed Donut Holes – Hall Nesting
Old Fashioned Sour Cream Cake Donuts – American Heritage Cooking
Paleo Chocolate Frosted Donuts – A Clean Bake
Raspberry Jam Filled Cupcakes – gotta get baked
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Donut Breakfast Sandwich – Shared Appetite
Strawberry Margarita Oreo Donuts – Life Made Sweeter
Baked Mini Samoa Donuts – Culinary Couture
Donut Holes with Sweet Strawberry Dipping Sauce – Twin Stripee