Chewy peanut butter cookies with salted peanuts thrown in for double the peanut flavour! Add some chocolate chunks and these cookies are just what your next peanut butter craving needs!
It’s Friday. Pull up a chair, sit down with me and have a cookie and a chat. Latte? Tea? Hot chocolate? Milk for dunking? Today I’m feeling like a chai latte so I might have to make that happen when the afternoon coffee man makes his rounds. Our morning and afternoon coffee vans are probably two of the only redeeming features about our office being located in the middle of nowhere. No need to go out to a coffee shop, the coffee shop comes to you! (Anyone else have a coffee van come to their work?) There is unfortunately a lack of Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies on said trucks, but that’s okay because today we brought our own. While we’re nibbling on our cookies today tell me about your life at the moment? (Take note of the crispy edges but soft centres of these cookies – that’s due to the mix of brown and white sugars in the dough.) What’s going on with you? Any adventures coming up? Chris and I have an amazing nerdy date planned for this weekend, and next weekend we are headed up to a bed and breakfast in Noosa for two nights. (Why yes I did use crunchy peanut butter and sprinkle in salted peanuts for double the peanut flavour.) I know I’m going to miss Penny when we are away, but I’m looking forward to a holiday by the beach. Whenever I holiday here in Australia my favourite places to go always include water of some kind. (Can you have another cookie? Why, of course, my dear, take this one – it has the biggest chunks of dark chocolate). If anyone has good restaurant recommendations for Noosa I am all ears. I haven’t been there since I was a little kid so I’m looking forward to exploring a new (to us) holiday spot!
We won’t need much more than our swimsuits and and a bottle of wine because knowing Chris and I we will spend most of our time frolicking on the beach, but I might sneak in another batch of these cookies just in case. Strictly for emergencies, you know…
Should you find yourself in a similar cookie emergency this weekend please administer a large dose of Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie, and repeat as needed. These cookies are seriously the best peanut butter and chocolate cookies I have ever made, and if you know me, you know that I consider it my life’s work to test every chocolate chip cookie recipe known to humankind. They are based on my classic Peanut Butter Cookies, but with the peanut volume turned up to 11, and featuring a hefty dose of dark chocolate chunks. If you aren’t partial to dark chocolate (ahem, Chris, ahem) then you could use milk chocolate, or even white (that would be amazing!) to make these your very own best ever Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Wherever you enjoy these, and whomever you find yourself with, have an amazing weekend! Let me know what you are up to in the comments below!
DOUBLE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
gluten free | makes 15-18 cookies | store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week
- 100 grams butter, softened
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 grams crunchy peanut butter (not natural)
- 70 grams sorghum flour
- 50 grams brown rice flour
- 50 grams white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 150 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 160C (320F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of a standmixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or use a handheld mixer and a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and cream into the mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl so that the batter is thoroughly mixed.
- Add vanilla extract and peanut butter and beat until combined.
- Whisk together sorghum, brown rice, white rice, bicarb soda, and salt in a small bowl. Add to wet ingredients and beat together on low speed.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix peanuts and chocolate chunks through the dough.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and roll large tablespoonfuls of dough into spheres and place on lined baking sheets. Leave at least 5cm (2 inches) between balls for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes, swapping trays halfway through baking time.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely (if you can wait that long).