- My weekend needs Gluten Free Orange Walnut Zucchini Bread
- A fascinating read about twins, and the twin boom we are experiencing right now
- This Vegetable Banh Mi is calling to my sandwich loving heart
- When it comes to this Brookie Pie more is more is more is more!
- I can’t wait for Hidden Figures to come out! In the meantime I’ll read the book and watch the trailer on repeat
- Yes, grilled doughnuts. Double Yes Grilled Doughnut Strawberry Shortcakes
- This Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Ice Cream features homemade hazelnut butter <– Must try ASAP!
- I think these Watermelon Margaritas will be my summer cocktail this year
- Perhaps alongside a generous slice of this Summer Garden Tart with Olives and Feta
- Er, homemade Oven Baked Curly Fries? I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me…
This hummus is a seriously glorious colour!
This gooey chocolate skillet cookie is everything I have been craving. Ever.
This is our Valentine’s Day movie this year. I can’t wait!
Yes to everything about this vegan pasta dish.
This emotional journey through furniture assembly is hilarious and sadly true.
A damp, sweet golden syrup cake would make me very happy this weekend.
Grown up chocolate chip cookies. Eat them straight out of the oven like your inner child would want you to.
New favourite instagram follow. Oh how I long to wander.
Barbie got a makeover, and she (they) look awesome.
Love this tropical take on tres leches cake.
Live for yesterday, not in the moment. Interesting thought.
Have you found anything interesting lately?
I have to try these Vegetarian Chana Masala Tacos from this fabulous (and new to me) blog.
Without a doubt the prettiest white hot chocolate I have ever seen.
I’m making these Thai Chili Salmon Skewers for Chris this weekend.
My reading list has just expanded exponentially…
I love me some stuffed peppers and these ones are stuffed (get it) with awesome flavour.
I didn’t give up sweets for 2016 so I can totally have this chocolate bark (and so can you!)
The beauty and brutality of ballet.
Are you listening to the second season of Serial? I am. I’m just as hungry as last time.
Let’s all stop with the fads and relearn the simple art of healthy eating.
Fairy floss in trifle! These are like a fairytale food!
I cannot get enough of this song, or his voice. On. Repeat.
These awesome little guys are one of my favourite creatures (I have a plush tardigrade)
Another chocolate chip cookie recipe for my cookie jar (and indulge my tahini obsession)
It’s time! It’s time! It’s time to bake ALL the cookies! I’m tying on my candy cane coloured, snowflake printed apron this weekend and getting down to some serious cookie baking. In my kitchen cookies trump all other desserts (sorry cake and ice cream) and so when it comes to gifting baked goods to friends and family it’s these little morsels I reach for. If you are searching for some gluten free cookies for your cookie trays, or to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve you are in luck! Today I’m sharing 10 of my favourite gluten free cookies that are perfect for the festive season!
And there we are: 10 gluten free delicious cookie treats to share with those you love. I wish you all happy baking over the weekend!
Tell me, what are you making this Christmas? Any favourite cookies? If you make any Thoroughly Nourished Life cookies for your Christmas and holiday celebrations by tagging me on Instagram (@achatwin) or posting on my Facebook wall! Happy baking!
Sometimes I make myself a little sick by eating too much cookie dough, or buttercream, or ice cream, or…anyway, you know how it goes. Luckily I am also just as in love with big green leafy things, nutty grains, and fresh food straight from the earth, or the farmer’s market. Now that spring has come barrelling in here with an explosion of green from the earth and skies so blue they make your heart ache when you are trapped inside an office, it’s time to break out some of my favourite lunch box salads!
Number One: Parsley, Chickpea, Avocado, and Greens Salad. Big, green, fresh and full of all of my favourite flavours. Number Two: Apple, Celery, and Walnut Salad with Mustard Dressing. Crispy, crunchy and sweet with a mustard and yoghurt dressing. Fill me up!Number Three: Moroccan Roasted Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad. Hearty quinoa salad with a generous dose of exotic spice and sweet roasted pumpkin. Number Four: Pear, Quinoa, and Walnut Salad. Golden-skinned pears coupled with salty feta, hearty quinoa, and toasty walnuts – you can’t go wrong.Number Five: Summer Vegetable and Brown Rice Salad with Soft-Boiled Eggs. This is a great dinner salad: nutty brown rice pairs with fresh seasonal vegetables and protein-rich drippy soft-boiled eggs.Number Six: Strawberry, Haloumi, and Quinoa Salad. Sweet, plump fresh berries paired with salty grilled haloumi in a hearty quinoa based salad. My new favourite and it practically sings of spring!
There you have my six picks for a healthy, gluten free, vegetarian spring lunch. Make your colleagues jealous and pack a big luscious green lunch today!
Tell me, dear readers, what’s your favourite salad combination? Or what’s something weird that you love in salad? Mine: I loved tinned, vinegary beetroot and sometimes I sneak a few pieces onto the side of my salad no matter what else is in the bowl!
- Eating gluten free in Italy made easy – great article on enjoying the cuisine without worrying about your dietary requirement.
- I want a slice of each of these 10 amazing chocolate layer cakes – let’s call it research m’kay?
- Writing? Need motivation? Nope, turns out we’ve been doing it wrong! (NSFW, it’s Chuck Wendig so that’s kinda his thing)
- 21 Pumpkin delights to get you in the mood for autumn my northern friends, and for us southerners – more non-seasonally appropriate food porn. (Keep your eye out for a TNL recipe!)
- Mushroom Marsala Quinoa Risotto is the perfect cosy weeknight dinner.
- I’m a social media addict, so this article spoke loud and clear to me – time to rest the brain and make room for more creativity.
- These teas have beets in them! Beets! I need to start sippin’
- Gritty small-two drama where police work and personalities are called into question? Yes please.
- I’m hungry! One Pan Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi with Roasted Garlic Tomato Cream Sauce – serve it up!
- What makes a great cookbook? Joy the Baker certainly knows, and she’s sharing her knowledge with us too!
- Shutterbean has me wanting to get out my paper and pencils again too!
- Another book for my ‘to read list’ – marriage, secrets and two sides to the story.
- I dare you not to drool over this Penne with Sundried Tomato Vodka Sauce
These are my awesome finds from the internet this week. Have you found anything interesting on the interwebs? Please share below! Or on my Facebook page!
- Whiskey? Check. Salted caramel? Check. Now in milkshake form – hand me a straw!
- I was always a Jane girl myself. I need to read this soon.
- Expressing gratitude can shift your outlook on life. Another on my must read list.
- Frozen Hot Chocolate – the best of both worlds!
- Tacos that combine two of my favourite food cultures? Yes please!
- I’m for brownies. And these brownies are just the cherry on top.
- Food is culture, and we need to save some of the tastes of the past so we don’t lose important touchstones.
- The perfect peak-of-summer cake with so many delicate flavours working in harmony.
- Chris and I love watching ‘The Strain’ (I spend most of my time with my face hidden, but it’s a good show) so I was fascinated by this exploration of the science behind Del Toros vampires.
- We’re counting down the weeks until we leave for the USA and looking for restaurant recommendations for the places we are visiting – thanks to Sweetest Menu we’ve got Washington D.C. covered!
- We’ve loved learning about Uranium in this fascinating 3-part documentary: Twisting the Dragon’s Tail.
- One of my favourite authors (she spins original fairytale/historical fiction tales) has just released her newest book – this is my plane-read pick!
That’s it for me! What have you found entrancing on the web lately dear readers?
- A sad tale, but one worth reading.
- This globetrotting new short story collection is on my ‘To Read’ list.
- Ultimate comfort food: Creamy Mushrooms with Sherry, Garlic & Thyme on Soft Polenta
- If apricots are in season where you live, make these dreamy squares.
- A photo essay on the cultural history of America. Take your time with these photos.
- Books for every occasion and mood.
- I love cardinals (despite never having seen one in real life) and these cheeky glasses are just perfection.
- I have beets, and dill, and cream cheese – and a fascination for this gorgeous bread!
- Expect more from your s’more.
- Aziz Ansari talks eloquently about modern L-O-V-E here in Time Magazine, and here in his new book.
- IKEA now stocks Swedish lollies just like the ones I remember my Morfar sending from Denmark!
- I spotted (and ate) some of the first strawberries of the season this week! And now I’m going to bake the rest of them into this buttery, basil-y skillet cake.
Okay my people, what interest pockets of the internet have you turned out this week?
- Reading has always been my favourite form of therapy. This article provides insights on how bibliotherapy is both ancient and cutting edge.
- An American Sheriff trying to make a difference in the cycle of lack of mental health care and increased incarceration. If only there were more programs like his.
- I feel like it might be almost time to break out this Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Skillet Brownie….
- I can’t believe I’ve made it to 28 without eating Pineapple Upside-Down Cake!
- Hi, my name is Amy, and I would like ALL the doughnuts please.
- Brownies with a rum glaze? Oh yes, I think so.
- Lemons are a bright staple in our house, which means this striking tart is within reach!
- Peaches in pasta with basil tahini sauce? Hand me a fork!
- These nachos. Season 3 of Orange is the New Black. Weekend plan done.
- More non-cookbook food reads – I’m looking forward to this one in particular.
- These are expensive…but ridiculously adorable…
Your turn friends! What interesting or delicious things have you found around the web this week?
Yeasted baked buttermilk doughnuts. Be still my heart. These will be undergoing a gluten-free makeover soon!
Adding these places to my travel destinations list, oh and spotting the place my Mama is from (hi, Aarhus!)
Shortbread Strawberry Crumble. I can’t wait until the season starts, I’m already stocking up on ice cream!
I finally bought ‘All the Light We Cannot See‘ after months of hearing great reviews. I know what I’m doing next weekend!
A sad but important story. It’s okay to not be okay and it’s okay to ask for help.
These are sensible enough for walking, but shiny enough to let you know it’s PARTY TIME!
I need more polka dots in my life. Obvi.
I’ve told you before: I’m scared of going to prison (for what? Crimes of the crumb?) but fascinating by ‘stories from the inside‘.
Women in science! I can’t wait to read this new book highlighting 52 amazing lady scientists – rock those lab coats my brainy sisters!
What interesting or delicious things have you found around the web this week?