This week for Wellness Wednesday I’m sharing some of my favourite Intuitive Eating and Health At Every Size resources. We are bombarded every day with messages that tell us our bodies are wrong or inadequate. In order to combat this fill up your social media, your earbuds, and your bookshelves with resources to help you understand how to accept and respect your body, and to approach health and wellness from a kinder perspective. I hope some of these resources speak to you too!
- fANNEtastic Food – written by Anne, a Registered Dietitian, who has a passion for running and helping people live happier, healthier lives without counting calories
- Imma Eat That – Kylie (another Registered Dietitian) is a no-nonsense normal eater who shares her journey, some killer Intuitive Eating resources, and delicious recipes
- The Real Life RD – Robyn (a Registered Dietitian and Nurse Practitioner) gets real about relationships with food, and your body, and the importance of respecting your body’s natural rhythms.
- Dare To Not Diet – Glenys Oyston is another Registered Dietitian with a great blog that talks about Health At Every Size and our journey to body acceptance.
- Food Pysch – Christy Harrison brings quality content through guest interviews that invite listeners to learn to make peace with food and their body
- Body Kindness – Rebecca Scritchfield shares amazing content in her podcast that reminds us that good health is all about being kind to our bodies
- Dietitians Unplugged – Glenys Oyston and Aaron Flores (both Registered Dietitians) explore health and wellness through the lens of Health At Every Size, Intuitive Eating, and size acceptance.
- Life. Unrestricted. – Meret Boxler is a body positivity, body image and Health At Every Size badass. Her interviews are always amazing.
- Reclaiming You – Sarah Vance tackles body acceptance, Health At Every Size, feminism, and self care (among a thousand other topics) and interviews interesting guests to add to the conversation about our bodies and health.
- Jennifer Rollin – Psychotherapist, Eating Disorder and Body Image Specialist
- Jennifer McGurk – Registered Dietitian, Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian
- Virgie Tovar – Fat Activist, Feminist, my all-round hero
- Josee Sovinsky – Registered Dietitian, Intuitive Eating Dietitian
- Fiona Sutherland – Accredited Practicing Dietitian, Non Diet Dietitian, Body Positive dietitian
- Zoe Nicholson – Accredited Practicing Dietitian, Non Diet/HAES Dietitian
- Sarah Vance
- Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight by Linda Bacon
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Body Kindness by Rebecca Scritchfield
- Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat by Michelle May
- If Not Dieting, Then What? by Rick Kausman
- Why Diets Make Us Fat by Sandra Aamodt
NOTE: this is by no means an exhaustive list and I will make sure to share other favourites in the future!